Kaymu is the #1 online shopping community in Nigeria. A pure marketplace model, Kaymu connects buyers and sellers and enables them to make safe and successful transactions in all product categories.
Our founders believe that the internet can break economic barriers, transform lives, and change the way business is done. Therefore, we want to empower local entrepreneurs by helping them take their businesses online and by making shopping easy and accessible to everyone.
Kaymu was launched in December 2012 by the Africa Internet Group, the e-commerce pioneer in Africa, backed by Rocket Internet, MTN, Millicom, Goldman Sachs, and AXA. Since its launch in Nigeria, Kaymu has spread to over 20 emerging countries across Africa and Asia.
Awards and Recognition
Kaymu and AIG won the commendation award at the Online Retail Awards in London for best-e-commerce company of the year and best department store
Former Kaymu Nigeria MD, Evangeline Wiles, was names a goodwill ambassador for the Lagos Chamber of Commerce and Industry (LCCI) to reward her contributions in growing the e-commerce industry
October 2014Kaymu launched its mobile app for Android and Blackberry in Africa and Asia
November 2014Kaymu reached 10,000 sellers in Nigeria
December 2014Kaymu crossed 1.5 million Listings in all countries
End of 20140,93 Million Products sold through Kaymu
End of 2014Around 100,000 sellers
2015Kaymu launched the first-of-its-kind social innovation community center, “Kaymu Village”
2016Kaymu exceeded 6 million fans on Facebook
- October 2014, Kaymu launched its mobile app for Android and Blackberry in Africa and Asia
- November 2014, Kaymu reached 10,000 sellers in Nigeria
- December 2014, Kaymu crossed 1.5 million Listings in all countries
- December 2014, Kaymu was the first African company to launch and Android Watch app
- End of 2014, 0,93 Million Products sold through Kaymu
- End of 2014, Around 100,000 sellers
- 2015: Kaymu launched the first-of-its-kind social innovation community center, “Kaymu Village”
- 2016, Kaymu exceeded 6 million fans on Facebook