Kaymu is the #1 online shopping community in Nigeria. We connect buyers and sellers, but do not have any inventory of our own.
Our founders believe that the internet can break economic barriers and change the way business is done. Therefore, we want to bring e-commerce into the lives of Africans, to empower local entrepreneurs by helping them take their business online and to make shopping easy and accessible to everyone.
Kaymu was launched in December 2012 by Africa Internet Group, the e-commerce pioneer in Africa and it is backed by Millicom, MTN, RI and Ooredoo. The company has spread to over 32 countries across Africa, Asia and Europe today with new countries being launched every month.
Awards and Recognition
Kaymu and AIG won the commendation award at the Online Retail Awards in London for best-e-commerce company of the year and best department store.
Evangeline Wiles, Kaymu Nigeria MD, is named in Oct 2014 goodwill ambassador for Lagos Chamber of Commerce and Industry (LCCI).
October 2014Kaymu launched its mobile app for Android and Blackberry in Africa and Asia
November 2014Kaymu reached 10,000 sellers in Nigeria
Decembre 2014Kaymu crossed 1.5 million Listings in all countries
Decembre 2014Kaymu was the first African company to launch and Android Watch app
End of 20140,93 Million Products sold through Kaymu
End of 2014Around 100,000 sellers
Beginning of 2015Kaymu reached 2.8M fans on
- October 2014, Kaymu launched its mobile app for Android and Blackberry in Africa and Asia
- November 2014, Kaymu reached 10,000 sellers in Nigeria
- December 2014, Kaymu crossed 1.5 million Listings in all countries
- December 2014, Kaymu was the first African company to launch and Android Watch app
- End of 2014, 0,93 Million Products sold through Kaymu
- End of 2014, Around 100,000 sellers
- Beginning of 2015, Kaymu reached 2.8M fans on Facebook